Search This Blog

Movie Marathon: Lord of the Rings Trilogy - CHECK!

photo credit: wikipedia.org
I know it's not as exciting as bungee jumping or as challenging as running an actual marathon but sitting through 558 minutes of awesomeness should still count for something. I've watched the movies separately when they came out in 2001, 2002 and 2003 but I really can't remember much of the story.

I'm not really a fan of LOTR but I know a lot of people who just can't get enough of it. Maybe this is what Harry Potter for me is LOTR for them. Also, Mindy (of MindyTV) posted this on her FB wall:


So I decided to give it a go one more time. And this time I watched it one after the other. So with chips and soda ready, my cousin, my "bitter" half and I watched Frodo and the gang. I have to admit, I enjoyed it. Not just the movie but the conversations that I we had while watching the trilogy.

First thing I noticed is Frodo's "sex" face. I mean, must he always have that "look".

And of course, the Frodo and Sam issue came out again. It really does seem they were more than just "bros".

Cousin: Frodo Baggins and Sam Milby (???) will travel together... blah blah...
Me: SAM MILBY???? 


A: This is the longest out of the three.... The Return of the Ring.
Me: Return of the RING??? "Naka sangla ba yun??"

Cousin: The Engs will help them fight the OKS.
Me: ENTS and ORCs!!

On top of that, I kept shouting "expecto patronum" and  "stupefy" everytime they get attacked. (duh!)

This is what happens when you watch movies the whole night. We started at 11 pm. Slept at 6 am next day. Took 3 hour break because we just can't keep our eyes open anymore. We continued watching at around 11 am and finished at 4 pm.

And this is not even the extended version!!

I'm just glad that I'm done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails