Search This Blog

#14 Learn to play an Instrument

My parents have always wanted me and my siblings to learn the piano. I remember having private lessons every afternoon. I remember that my teacher was a strict lady. And she came whenever it's cartoon time or my friends start playing piko and patintero. I also remembered that she scolded me a lot for swinging my legs. Her lessons, however, I never remembered.

For the life of me, I never learned to play. I have always been tone deaf and out of tune. Unlike my sister who can play by ear, I can not "hear" the music when I play. It's as if my mind and my ear are not connected.

My sister and my brother, they both can sing...beautifully. Very talented and I'm proud of them. As wise people say, God is fair. They have all the talent and I got the looks. HAHAHA!!

Anyway, I decided to put this on my list. I want to learn to play an instrument. I gave piano a shot and I think I'll leave that to Mozart and Beethoven. This time I want to learn the guitar.

I have asked many friends to teach me. Even my brother attempted to teach me. In my defense, I did learn one song. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" which has 4 chords (I think... duh).

So, lemme get to buying a guitar and start practicing. I won't cross this out until I can really really play properly. God bless me...


p.s. I still need to complete my list. This is harder than I thought! Have any ideas? Suggestions? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails