Search This Blog

Getting Started

I'm getting so overwhelmed with my list! I don't know where to start.
It's making me think about lots of things, making me worry. And to think I'm not even done with the list!

Can I do this?
Can I afford all of these?!

Breathe in... breathe out.

Ok, let's take it one by one. I started checking out local activities I can do here in Dubai (yes, I'm in Dubai just in case you don't know yet). I found out that there is a marathon every January and it's a big thing apparently. I didn't know that!



I checked out their website: www.dubaimarathon.org. Seems I can join the fun with a small fee. But seeing the competition, I'm beginning to chicken out! I mean these people are runners. Real runners. While I, on the other hand, can't get myself to speed-walk. The only marathon I know are TV Marathons. (Probably why I look like a big-ass couch now!)




I don't even own running shoes. There was a time in my life that I'd wear nothing but rubber shoes. I run, walk, sleep with my rubber shoes. Now, all I have are my flip flops and a couple of pumps. Gaaah!!

Breathe in.. breathe out...

First things first. I should get myself some decent running shoes. Any suggestions? Are there specific types that I should be aware of? I should buy this soon so I can start training and do the marathon and then I'll do the triathlon....well, that's IF I survive.

The hunt for running shoes starts now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails