Search This Blog

Dubai Marathon 2011

I've been putting off posting this but since the Dubai Marathon is just a few days away, I think it's just appropriate to address the issue (HAHAH!! I sound so ... dramatic!)

Well, I knew since a few months back that I won't be able to run this marathon (bad back, low endurance, leg pain that never goes away! etc...) I have resigned to the fact that the marathon will have to be pushed to a later date. Besides, I still have to train properly and slowly build my way through. I should run a 5K, a 10K, a half ...then a full marathon.  Right??


However, all is not lost. I will be watching the marathon on the 21st of January to have a feel of what its like. And to support my colleague who is running for a cause.



The Filipino Runners in Dubai has organized a very wonderful project to help our less fortunate "kabayans" in the UAE. The goal is to raise AED 35,000/- to help our fellow OFW's. For more information, you may check the following sites:


The fifth guy on the photo above is my co-worker. He's going to run the full marathon and he's quite excited about it. We will be there cheering him on. And hopefully next year I will be there running with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails