Search This Blog

#10 - Have an emergency fund

personal finance
Not so long ago, I had a personal finance blog. I researched everything about saving, having an emergency fund, getting out of debt....everything.

I knew what to do. But I lacked the discipline. So sadly, I'm still where I am 3 years ago.

The first thing to do is create a budget plan. Or spending plan. Whatever you want to call it...just have a plan! How do we do that? Well, list everything.

Carry a small notebook and a pen every time and list down everything you buy. Even the last coin you have to pay for parking ticket or to buy a soda. The purpose of this is to know where your money goes and how much of your salary goes to ... let's say food. or entertainment. or unnecessary things.

This is where I failed. I was too lazy to write things down. Every month end, I'd just round off the figures and basically guess what went where. Obviously, it doesn't work that way. This time, I'm making a list. I'm going to stick to it. And I'm gonna check it TWICE!

money bag
There are lot's of personal finance blogs out there that's loaded of information and motivation. Personal stories of people who actually got out of debt. It's so inspiring.

I'll just have a look around and I'll post the links my favorite personal finance blogs. Any add in links where you can download pretty cool excel sheets and apps you can use too!

Till next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails