Search This Blog

#30 Make our Family Tree

Don't you ever wonder who your ancestors were? Who were your parents grand parents and what they were like?

photo: mommylife.net

Last week I decided to add one more thing to my list. Make our Family Tree. It's fun because you get to know stuff about your relatives and actually know HOW you are related. For example, Gracey and I are related. We tell people we are cousins...but actually, Gracey is my dad's cousin only she's much closer to "my generation".

We have one more "cousin" who's still floating about our family tree. We are related but we can't find the connection, yet. This is so exciting!!

Right now, we are using www.geni.com. You add your details and you can invite your family, extended family, other relatives and even in laws! Once they join, they can update their own profiles, add their own "branches" and so on. You can also have a nice print out of your family tree (with a fee, of course)

I got this idea from watching Who Do You Think You Are?. This is extreme...going back in time and all. I'll settle for what I can dig up.

As of this posting, I have the names of my paternal great grandparents. I'll have to get more info on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails