Search This Blog

Just the way you Plank

How Long Can You Plank?

asked Ben Davis of Ben Does Life. He made it to 86 seconds.  That's 1 minute, 43 26 seconds. Almost 2 minutes!!


Ben, planking it

What is a Plank?

The plank is a great exercise to retrain your ab muscles to work more efficiently. It is an isometric exercise for the stomach. "Iso" means "same", and "metric" means "length". Isometric literally means same length, or isometric simply means that you hold one position without moving.

You'd think that doing a plank is easy. Let me tell you, it's not easy! No kidding. Well, it wasn't easy for me, at least. I tried the plank last night and guess how long I was able to hold the position.

...

....

16 seconds. SIXTEEN! Yes, sixteen pitiful seconds. I'm such a loser, gaaah!

Anyway, I consulted Mr. Google about planking and I found a cool website called Plank Challenge. The goal is to plank everyday for 7 weeks (November 1 - December 19). Set a goal (for how long you will hold the plank pose) and you should be able to do it by December 19.

Hmmm, should I join?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you. Your comments and feedbacks would definitely help me in this quest. It would be much appreciated if you can spread the word about this project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails